Remote – Montreal Area
Salesfloor is an award-winning virtual selling platform that combines clienteling, virtual selling and mobile point of sale tools. Store associates use Salesfloor to deliver personalized and convenient experiences for customers on any channel through live chat, video calling, e-mail, SMS and more.
Today, 45,000 product experts from stores around the world have driven more than $2 billion in sales (USD) using Salesfloor. Salesfloor is redefining the role of today’s associate to drive sales and differentiate the customer experience.
Founded in 2013 in Montreal, Canada, Salesfloor is a profitable company on a mission to unlock the power of today’s omnichannel sales associate by connecting them with shoppers online and in-store. Our team of “Salesfloorians” believe that associates are product experts, trusted advisors and social influencers for customers in their local communities. In today’s omnichannel world, retail chains have a unique opportunity to leverage their biggest competitive asset: their people.
We are looking for someone to come on board and own the Salesfloor experience. Salesfloor onboards new retailers all the time, which takes an eye for detail. If you love UI, pixel perfect designs and do not mind learning new things, we would love to hear from you.The job requirements are listed below. Don’t worry if you don’t match exactly. We’re looking for the best fit, not a cookie cutter resume.
- 3-5 years of HTML, CSS and SASS development experience.
- 3-5 strong years of responsive websites and web apps development experience.
- Responsible and accountable – You can own a task, and deliver it with high precision, independently, even on a short timeline.
- Eye for quality – You enjoy working on quality products and aim for a good user experience.
- Pro minimum viable product – You believe in iteration based on data. You believe in building the smallest version of a feature to prove it first, even when it means being scrappy.
- Problem solver – excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, as well as the capacity to think creatively under pressure.
- Team player – You work well with a team and are good at giving and receiving feedback. You enjoy celebrating wins with your team!
- Unix friendly – accustomed to developing software in a Unix environment (Mac, Linux, Unix, BSD)
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent working experience.
- Knowledge of CSS semantics like BEM
- Knowledge of CSS architecture scaling like ITCSS
- Phonegap / Cordova experience
- Experience working as a third party JS vendor, facing issues such as cross-domain communication
- Experience working on single-page applications
- Git experience
- Work in a scrum environment
Although we work hard when we need to, we also believe that a good life balance overall produces better results at work, so we offer:
- Sane working hours (with flexible scheduling)
- A really generous compensation and benefits package (including full healthcare, Bixi expenses, and ongoing employee training and development)
- Friday breakfast and regular team activities. (We still team build remotely currently!)
- The team is small and agile, so you will have a direct impact on the product, but big enough that you are never alone.
- Team members gain the benefit of working with a fully Montreal based team with an excellent track record for successful start-ups.