Senior/Lead DevOps Engineer
Remote – Montreal Area
Salesfloor is an award-winning virtual selling platform that combines clienteling, virtual selling and mobile point of sale tools. Store associates use Salesfloor to deliver personalized and convenient experiences for customers on any channel through live chat, video calling, e-mail, SMS and more.
Today, 45,000 product experts from stores around the world have driven more than $2 billion in sales (USD) using Salesfloor. Salesfloor is redefining the role of today’s associate to drive sales and differentiate the customer experience.
Founded in 2013 in Montreal, Canada, Salesfloor is a profitable company on a mission to unlock the power of today’s omnichannel sales associates by connecting them with shoppers online and in-store. Our team of “Salesfloorians” believe that associates are product experts, trusted advisors and social influencers for customers in their local communities. In today’s omnichannel world, retail chains have a unique opportunity to leverage their biggest competitive asset: their people.
A Senior/Lead DevOps Engineer focuses on creating solutions using tools and automation to improve operations. DevOps roles can involve a myriad a projects, including: enhancing and streamlining operational processes through automation and integration; modifying existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, or to improve performance; analyzing user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints;
Technical Skill Requirements:
- 5+ years experience in a DevOps/System admin role in a cloud environment
- Must have experience with CI/CD Pipelines and hands on work experience with DevOPS tools such as, Jenkins, Github and Docker.
- Kubernetes / Terraform / Helm
- Languages: PHP / Java / Golang
- Must have experience with Python/Bash as a scripting language
- Strong working knowledge/ Understanding/Experience with:
- Cloud, web and support operations
- Software debugging, web applications, load balancers, apache, etc.
- IP networking and WiFi
- Common protocols such as DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SMB
- Configuring and performing health and wellness monitoring of Windows and Linux servers and networking components.
- Administration, review, and recommendations for enterprise Security technologies including firewalls, routers, VPN devices, IDS sensors, Proxy servers, wireless technologies, and PKI.
- Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012+ administration, including Active Directory
Soft Skill Requirements:
- Able to learn new skills and technology quickly
- Be able to join a 24/7 on-call rotation (1 week out of the month)
- Energetic with amazing customer service skills and a team-oriented approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Reviewing logs and providing recommendations for risk mitigation.
- Reviewing vulnerability data and performing mitigation of risks present.
- Resolving issues that are formally documented in a Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M) report.
- Document and follow SOP’s
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Sane working hours (with flexible scheduling).
- The team is small and agile, so you will have a direct impact on the product, but big enough that you are never alone.
- While our office in Montreal is available to everyone, a flexible work from home program is currently the norm.
- Health care and dental coverage for all full time employees (Blue Cross)
- National telemedicine service, paid for by the company for full time employees enrolled in benefits programs.
- Generous compensation and stock options.
- Everyone at Salesfloor is agile, engaged and ready to contribute to impact the growth of our business.
- Seasoned employees, new hires and founders all work together and help each other every day.
- Founders and leadership team have a proven track record for successful start-ups and previous exits.