Learn, design, build!
Are you going to launch a startup some day? Our devops team is a great place to build the skills you’ll need. There are always new problems to solve, ranging from the very human to the very technical. We have lots of tools at our disposal and the freedom to use them: sometimes it’s an email to a customer, sometime’s it’s an infrastructure re-architecture. You’ll get better at efficiently delivering value, and you’ll get plenty of gratitude from the users and co-workers whose lives you’ll improve.
We’re a retail technology platform used by some of the biggest brands in North America. Store associates use Salesfloor to interact with their customers online, both increasing their shopper’s satisfaction and their bottom line. We are around 30 employees and growing fast. As more and more customers come onboard, we need to constantly review how we work and automate what we can.
Our platform is a basic LAMP stack on AWS operating at 3000 requests/second. The “P” is for PHP.
- Write and improve automated tasks.
- Identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies, design and implement solutions to remove them. This can involve changing existing code / SQL queries, or creating new tools or features that empower us to get things done better.
- Participate in the 2nd tier tech support rotation, addressing customer issues arising in the field, build and deployment failures, etc.
- Using customer feedback to suggest and build product improvements.
- Desire and ability to learn
- Comfortable in a linux environment
- Proficient with git
- Proficient with PHP
- Proficient with SQL
- (Optional) experience with AWS
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent working experience.
Challenge and reward
Working at a startup brings you more variety in the work you encounter, and gives you more impact over the course of the business. This is both more challenging and more rewarding than you would experience at a more established firm. You will have to learn a lot. Other benefits include:
- Sane working hours (with flexible scheduling).
- A competitive compensation and benefits package (including full healthcare, Bixi expenses, and ongoing employee training and development).
- Friday breakfast and regular team activities.
- Working with a team that has a track record of successful startups
- Office in downtown Montreal, two minutes outside the Square-Victoria metro station.
Interested? Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get in touch with you.