Senior Front-end Developer
Remote – Montreal Area
Salesfloor is an award-winning virtual selling platform that combines clienteling, virtual selling and mobile point of sale tools. Store associates use Salesfloor to deliver personalized and convenient experiences for customers on any channel through live chat, video calling, e-mail, SMS and more.
Today, 45,000 product experts from stores around the world have driven more than $2 billion in sales (USD) using Salesfloor. Salesfloor is redefining the role of today’s associate to drive sales and differentiate the customer experience.
Founded in 2013 in Montreal, Canada, Salesfloor is a profitable company on a mission to unlock the power of today’s omnichannel sales associate by connecting them with shoppers online and in-store. Our team of “Salesfloorians” believe that associates are product experts, trusted advisors and social influencers for customers in their local communities. In today’s omnichannel world, retail chains have a unique opportunity to leverage their biggest competitive asset: their people.
We are seeking a Senior Front-end Developer. This developer’s efforts will be focused but not limited to the Front-end. Building and supporting complete software ecosystems that typically include other disciplines such as mobile and web.
They will have the ability to continuously prioritize tasks and have a consistent track record of delivering complete, well-architected results.
They will balance creative, reliable engineering with high quality and client focus. They must be able to work across multiple facets of projects and manage multiple responsibilities at the same time.
They are also expected to assist with mentoring junior developers’ and software developers’ coding and technical problem-solving skills through code reviews and pair programming.
Ultimately, a Senior Front-end Developer provides high quality custom software solutions to clients by discovering and understanding client needs, utilizing company operations, leading software projects, technically developing the software team in their area of expertise, and exercising excellent software engineering skills. They are self-motivated to expand technical and professional skills, foster a collaborative team environment, and communicate clearly and effectively with all company team members.
- Has a working understanding of design patterns and architecture; understands what makes software testable and maintainable and includes these principles in the work
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with project stakeholders; studying client systems’ flow and work processes; identifying and investigating problem areas
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clean code
- Updates job knowledge by studying the latest development tools and programming techniques; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations
Project Management Component
- Employs technical expertise to lay the groundwork for effective project management
- Assists Project Manager to determine operational feasibility through analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and solution proposal
- Provides technical background input while collaboratively generating project estimates/ rough orders of magnitude with the Project Manager
- Adapts leadership style to leverage team members’ motivations and strengths while helping them to overcome weaknesses
- Supports and develops software developers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities
- Works collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Makes informed decisions quickly and takes ownership of technology choices, project pace, and direction
- Strong HTML, CSS and SASS development experience.
- Responsible and accountable – You can own a task, and deliver it with high precision, independently, even on a short timeline.
- Eye for quality – You enjoy working on quality products and aim for a good user experience.
- Pro minimum viable product – You believe in iteration based on data. You believe in building the smallest version of a feature to prove it first, even when it means being scrappy.
- Problem solver – excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, as well as the capacity to think creatively under pressure.
- Team player – You work well with a team and are good at giving and receiving feedback. You enjoy celebrating wins with your team!
- *nix friendly – accustomed to developing software in a *nix environment (Mac, Linux, Unix, BSD)
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent working experience
- Phonegap / Cordova experience
- Experience working as a third party JS vendor, facing issues such as cross-domain communication
- Experience building responsive websites and web apps
- Experience working on single-page applications
- Experience working cloud based architectures, particularly AWS
- Experience with Silex / Laravel
- Git experience
- Work in a scrum environment
- Sane working hours (with flexible scheduling).
- The team is small and agile, so you will have a direct impact on the product, but big enough that you are never alone.
- While our office in Montreal is available to everyone, a flexible work from home program is currently the norm.
- Health care and dental coverage for all full time employees (Blue Cross)
- National telemedicine service, paid for by the company for full time employees enrolled in benefits programs.
- Generous compensation and stock options.
- Everyone at Salesfloor is agile, engaged and ready to contribute to impact the growth of our business.
- Seasoned employees, new hires and founders all work together and help each other every day.
- Founders and leadership team have a proven track record for successful start-ups and previous exits.