Scrum Master – Team Planner
Remote – Montreal Area
Salesfloor is an award-winning virtual selling platform that combines clienteling, virtual selling and mobile point of sale tools. Store associates use Salesfloor to deliver personalized and convenient experiences for customers on any channel through live chat, video calling, e-mail, SMS and more.
Today, 45,000 product experts from stores around the world have driven more than $2 billion in sales (USD) using Salesfloor. Salesfloor is redefining the role of today’s associate to drive sales and differentiate the customer experience.
Founded in 2013 in Montreal, Canada, Salesfloor is a profitable company on a mission to unlock the power of today’s omnichannel sales associate by connecting them with shoppers online and in-store. Our team of “Salesfloorians” believe that associates are product experts, trusted advisors and social influencers for customers in their local communities. In today’s omnichannel world, retail chains have a unique opportunity to leverage their biggest competitive asset: their people.
We are looking for a Scrum Master to coordinate and coach our software development team. Put simply, you’ll be our go-to person for applying scrum to produce high-quality work. Scrum Master duties include managing timelines, resolving problems and coaching team members on Agile methodologies. Ultimately, you’ll help create self-organizing teams that are flexible and fully productive during sprints. You should have excellent knowledge of the scrum framework, with all its artifacts and techniques. You’ll also need the ability to coordinate people and projects (occasionally facilitating changes) with your mind set on deliverables. If you’re a strong communicator, a capable leader and you’re invested in Agile frameworks, we’d like to meet you.
- Manage each project’s scope and timeline
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
- Be the point of contact for external communications (e.g. from customers or stakeholders)
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Help teams implement changes effectively
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
- Experience in a scrum master role
- Familiarity with software development
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks (Crystal, XP etc.)
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Business or similar field
- Scrum master certification is a plus
- Sane working hours (with flexible scheduling).
- The team is small and agile, so you will have a direct impact on the product, but big enough that you are never alone.
- While our office in Montreal is available to everyone, a flexible work from home program is currently the norm.
- Health care and dental coverage for all full time employees (Blue Cross)
- National telemedicine service, paid for by the company for full time employees enrolled in benefits programs.
- Generous compensation and stock options.
- Everyone at Salesfloor is agile, engaged and ready to contribute to impact the growth of our business.
- Seasoned employees, new hires and founders all work together and help each other every day.
- Founders and leadership team have a proven track record for successful start-ups and previous exits.