Director, Retail Services
Montreal OR Remote – North America
Salesfloor is an award-winning virtual selling platform that combines clienteling, virtual selling and mobile point of sale tools. Store associates use Salesfloor to deliver personalized and convenient experiences for customers on any channel through live chat, video calling, e-mail, SMS and more.
Today, 45,000 product experts from stores around the world have driven more than $2 billion in sales (USD) using Salesfloor. Salesfloor is redefining the role of today’s associate to drive sales and differentiate the customer experience.
Founded in 2013 in Montreal, Canada, Salesfloor is a profitable company on a mission to unlock the power of today’s omnichannel sales associate by connecting them with shoppers online and in-store. Our team of “Salesfloorians” believe that associates are product experts, trusted advisors and social influencers for customers in their local communities. In today’s omnichannel world, retail chains have a unique opportunity to leverage their biggest competitive asset: their people.
We are looking for a Director, Retail Services to manage key customers relationships and help drive success throughout each client’s experience using Salesfloor. Each Director of Retail Services acts as the liaison between Salesfloor and key client stakeholders. Responsibilities touch on managing projects and launching new features, recommending strategies to make Salesfloor successful for your client’s users, and partnering with decision-makers to resolve business challenges as they arise.
As a Director of Retail Services, you are in a position to make a significant impact on our business, as the single point of contact for Salesfloor’s relationships with our customers and building partnerships with some of the largest retail brands in the world.
Key work areas / components of this role:
Account management & customer success management (50%)
- Single point of contact for Salesfloor’s relationships with retailers
- Analyze performance reports 2-4 times per month with your clients.
- Ensure client action plans are executed to maximize sales and engagement
- Identify areas of improvement based on platform / retailer benchmarks.
- Develop best practices for client in accordance with desired use cases and ROI objectives.
- Deliver recurring support to project owners and quarterly business reviews with executive stakeholders.
- Accountable for renewed contract terms and driving expansion of partnership.
New client implementations and feature launches (25%)
- Quarterbacking the implementation for new retail partnerships
- Partnering with a Technical Project Manager to establish project plans for implementations (new and existing client projects)
- Acting as a liaison between retailer cross-functional teams and Salesfloor’s resources (project manager, engineers, support team, etc)
- Providing retailers with best practices and recommendations for successful program or feature launches
Customer training and support (25%)
- Provide guidance to retailers as they execute support and training strategies related to Salesfloor.
- Track any issues related to software defects, usage metrics and/or training to consistently deliver a good customer experience on behalf of Salesfloor.
- Continuously develop new engagement strategies and materials to help associates and retailers maximize their program performance (i.e. contests, gamification, etc)
- You have experience implementing customer-facing technology or software projects in a retail environment.
- You are a subject matter expert with a strong understanding of retail software and/or retail business; specifically store operations, employee engagement, e-commerce and omnichannel technology.
- People enjoy working with you and are motivated through interacting with you.
- You have a sense of humor, strong desire to learn, and are a great communicator.
- You are detail oriented and explain your decisions clearly, with data.
- You are a proactive self-starter and own issues from beginning to end.
- Most importantly, you are resourceful and have a desire to have a positive impact on your client’s experience with Salesfloor and help to grow our business by doing so!
- 5+ years of experience in retail technology, store operations or Account management (software business experience an asset i.e. you know what terms like UAT, QA and steps to reproduce mean)
- 3+ year of project management experience (training implementation experience an asset)
- Ability to communicate clearly and captivate a live audience with above average presentation skills (virtual and in-person).
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business, or an equivalent degree and/or experience an asset.
Salesfloorian Perks (note: certain items may be reserved for full time employees only):
- While our office in Montreal is available to everyone, a flexible work from home program is currently the norm.
- Health care and dental coverage for all full time employees (Blue Cross)
- National telemedicine service, paid for by the company for full time employees enrolled in benefits program.
- Generous compensation and stock options.
- Everyone at Salesfloor is agile, engaged and ready to contribute to impact the growth of our business.
- Seasoned employees, new hires and founders all work together and help each other every day.
- Founders and leadership team have a proven track record for successful start-ups and previous exits.