DevOps Engineer – Salesfloor
Salesfloor is a mobile platform designed for store associates to personalize customer experiences. We provide store associates with clienteling tools to engage customers, including innovative features that allow online customers to shop live with store associates via online storefronts, live shopping apps, and associated marketing tools.
Founded in 2013 Salesfloor has grown to a profitable technology platform with a world-class client base in North America and around the globe. Winning it all at the Salesforce Commerce Cloud DemoJam and winning the CAFA 2017 Innovation Award.
An award-winning platform, with over 25,000 associates from leading retailers in Apparel, Beauty, Jewelry and Baby/Toys, Salesfloor is redefining the role of today’s associate to drive sales and differentiate the customer experience.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to add to our growing team. Working at a startup brings you more variety in the work you encounter, and gives you more impact over the course of the business. This is both more challenging and more rewarding. Store associates use Salesfloor to interact with their customers online, both increasing their shoppers satisfaction and their bottom line. We are around 30 employees and growing fast. As more and more customers come on board, we need to constantly review how we work and automate what we can. Our platform is a basic LAMP stack on AWS operating at 3000 requests/second.
If you are Passionate about learning, designing, building, and open to learning new skills, this may be the right position for you.
Skills you have:
- Proficient with PHP
- Desire and ability to learn
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
- Proficient with git
- Proficient with SQL
What you will be doing:
- Writing and improving automated tests
- Identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies, design and implement solutions to remove them. This can involve changing existing code / SQL queries, or creating new tools or features that empower us to get things done better.
- Participate in the 2nd tier tech support rotation, addressing customer issues arising in the field, build and deployment failures, etc.
- Using customer feedback to suggest and build product improvements
Nice to have Skills:
- Experience with AWS
Perks you will love:
- Friday Goodies include bagel brunch and “happy hour”
- Work-life balance with Vacations you can actually take
- Central Downtown location, two minutes away from Square-Victoria metro station
- Welcoming team with an excellent track record for successful startups with a work hard, play hard attitude
- Generous compensation including employee stock option plan and benefits package (including healthcare coverage, and ongoing employee training and development)
- A collaborative team, so you will have a direct impact on the product
If you have what it takes to take your DevOps skills and career to the next level, we would love to hear from you. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org