Salesfloor gives retailers free access to Virtual Associate platform so that store employees can earn income while their employers are not paying wages.
New York, NY – March 31, 2020 – Salesfloor, the industry-leading mobile application designed for store associates, has announced another initiative to help retailers in response to the COVID-19 crisis. Retailers can launch their own Virtual Associate Program to help recently laid-off employees become independent sales consultants, who can drive their own sales and continue mission-critical business activities on behalf of their brands.
Salesfloor gives Virtual Associates access to a variety of tools and features:
- Sell online while earning commission. Salesfloor’s advanced sales tracking technology ensures associates are accurately credited for sales that result from their interactions.
- Engage customers through outreach via e-mail, live chat, and text messaging on the Salesfloor platform.
- Receive incoming questions and appointment requests for virtual meetings.
- Create their own Storefronts, highlighting their favorite items and sharing personalized comments on curated products.
In response to the rapid rate of store closures caused by COVID-19, Salesfloor will not charge retailers the annual license fee for its Virtual Associate Program. This gives retailers immediate access to a better, more profitable alternative to terminating employees on a temporary basis and simply waiting for the crisis to pass.
Retailers can use their Virtual Associates and adopt a commission-based payment plan instead of incurring fixed wages. As Virtual Associates drive their own sales online, Salesfloor tracks the sales and pays compensation on behalf of the retailer. This allows retailers to continue selling online, provides laid off associates with a continued source of income, and helps support employee retention beyond the current crisis.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has strongly impacted the retail industry, and it is uncertain when we will be bouncing back. We have an existing solution that, despite store closures and layoffs, will allow retailers to keep selling and associates to continue earning.” said Oscar Sachs, CEO at Salesfloor. “While the Virtual Associates program is a great strategy in normal times, it provides a critical strategic advantage right now. In the middle of this unprecedented crisis, it has the potential to benefit retailers, associates, and customers, which is why we are providing it at no charge. At Salesfloor, we believe in coming together to make a positive impact for the industry.”
Salesfloor’s Virtual Associates program can be implemented in less than 30 days and provides a turn-key solution to retailers:
- Program setup and implementation by Salesfloor.
- Training, live support and engagement strategies provided by retail experts.
- Access to Salesfloor Support Desk (phone and email).
- Monthly sales audit and returned/cancelled order reconciliation.
- Secure payment services to transfer funds to Virtual Associate users.
Retailers including Chico’s FAS, Peruvian Connection, Lord & Taylor and Stuart Weitzman have been leveraging Salesfloor’s Virtual Associate Program.